And the letter was nothing short inspirational.
So earlier today, popular Malaysian-based Nigerian big boy, Ray Hushpuppi wrote a very lengthy open letter to every ‘Ghetto kid’ out there.
And the letter was nothing short inspirational, with these punchlines every hustler should adhere to.
Read the FULL LETTER HERE.
1. Dear hustling hood kid, let no man hold you down. My advice for you is never to put your dreams in the hands of Ambode and Buhari, they don’t know you.
2. I am sure nobody ever believes in whatever you say or do. You have been victimized by neighbours; friends; and even family members who were supposed to give you hope.
3. You have been deprived so many right a child deserves and the world has look down on you because you are nothing but a clot of blood who miraculously turned a baby, and an unfortunate one at that.
4. I represent every under privileged kid of the world and especially of Nigeria and of Lagos and of Bariga and of Oworonsoki — Where a landlord had chased me and my family out of a rented room.
5. A lot of people know me from when I used to use okada to be selling ‘akube’ clothes to boys that was making cheddars in diff hotels up and down the mainland of Lagos.
6. The government don’t care about your future, they toy and joke around making rules and laws that only affect you and benefit the rich.
7. Trust me I know how it feels to take showers in a zinc sheet bathroom separated from the building.
8. I shared shoes, toiletries and underwears with my younger ones as well as mats and see me now at my early thirties.
9. Hailing Hushpuppi 1,000 times wouldn’t help you, be about you, get up, pick a struggle, leave your comfort zone, work hard at it, pray a lot and don’t kiss ass, rich people are users and inconsiderate.
10. If I had sat down complaining about the bad government; bad economy; bad friends, I will not be here today.
11. I had a dream I was not supposed to cry, knowing nobody would listen, so I rose from the hood and decided to do the things my forefathers never did.
12. Look at yourself, do you like the way you are right now? Are you pushing beyond limits? Are you succumbing to the tune of the selfish ‘Baba Alaye’ in your neighbourhood? Nobody will help you if you decide not to help yourself.
13. I am writing you a letter from one of the favourite places any human alive would have loved to be, billionaire or penniless.
Ⓒ Copyright NET News Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Please use sharing tools. Do not cut, copy or lift any content from this website without our consent.