Remember to set reading goals for yourself, especially in the new year. Knowledge is power, don’t carry last.
We have all agreed that reading is one of the best ways to gain knowledge, right? Okay, good. It’s another great week to add some new literature to your collection. As you might have come to expect, we have curated a list of five books, this time focusing on fiction, that you will absolutely enjoy! Check them out:
- “Akata Witch” – Nnedi Okorafor: There are very few authors that do fictional African mythology like Nnedi Okorafor. This fantasy novel tells a story about a Nigerian-American 12-year-old with albinism who discovers latent magical abilities and saves the world.
2. “Easy Motion Tourist” – Leye Adenle: This compelling crime novel is set in contemporary Lagos and features Guy Collins, a British hack who stumbles by chance into the murky underworld of the city. This one is a suspenseful, entertaining read.
3. “Stay With Me” – Ayobami Adebayo: This book weaves a fantastic story about a forbidden romance, a wounded marine, and the girl who’s determined to save him. Easily a great Sunday-afternoon-at-the-beach read.
4. “What It Means When A Man Falls From The Sky” – Lesley Nneka Arimah: This is a book of short stories that are all connected. The book opens with Ezinma, a young woman in Nigeria, while the final sentence hits the reader hard making it almost impossible to resist the urge to read the story again immediately. 10/10 recommend.
5. “The Woman Next Door” – Yewande Omotosho: Hortensia James and Marion Agostino are neighbours. One is black, one white. Both are successful women with impressive careers. Both have recently been widowed. And both are sworn enemies until an unforeseen event brings them together. What’s not to love?
Watch this space for more book recommendations. Remember to set reading goals for yourself, especially in the new year. Knowledge is power, don’t carry last.
Ⓒ Copyright NET News Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Please use sharing tools. Do not cut, copy or lift any content from this website without our consent.