R. Kelly Deletes Twitter Post Announcing His Tour In Australia

Posted on February 07 2019 , at 10:17 am
Read more
ATLANTA, GA – DECEMBER 27: R. Kelly Performs During the Hliday Jam at Fox Theater on December 27, 2016 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Prince Williams/WireImage)

It seems like plans to tour Australia by embattled American R&B singer,  R Kelly may have already hit a brick wall as the 52-year-old has deleted a twitter post where he announced he would be visiting Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka.

While the deleted tweet carried no concrete information about the tour aside from the names of the three countries, the singer had added: “See Y’all soon!”

READ: Australian Government Officials Express Concern Over R Kelly’s Proposed Tour Of The Country

Kelly’s announcement provoked anger and concern among fans and even politicians.

The Australian shadow minister for immigration and border protection, Shayne Neumann, had said his party, the Labor party would be “seriously concerned” if Kelly was allowed into the country.

“Labor strongly supports the refusal or cancellation of visas of non-citizens on character or criminal grounds,”  Neumann said in a statement. “Labor would be seriously concerned if immigration minister David Coleman would allow an individual such as R Kelly into Australia.”

Australia has previously denied visas to Chris Brown and Floyd Mayweather for similar allegations of violence against women.  R Kelly is also yet to apply for his visa to New Zealand.

Although Kelly has long been trailed by allegations of sexual misconduct with younger women, the singer has become the focus of renewed scrutiny following the six-part docuseries “Surviving R. Kelly” which premiered on Lifetime in early January. The singer, however, continues to deny all the allegations.

Ⓒ Copyright NET News Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Please use sharing tools. Do not cut, copy or lift any content from this website without our consent.

More related posts