Several hits, 8 kids, 8 albums and over 50 awards later, it’s 2019 and 2Baba is celebrating 20 years of staying power and top echelon status.
If you didn’t know, 2Baba started off as TuFace from the now-defunct Plantashun Boiz group in 1999 and physically, he is still the same skinny guy that had lead vocals on all of the groups’ major hits. What he has been able to achieve since striking out as a solo artist, however, is nothing short of legendary.
Several hits, 8 kids, 8 albums and over 50 awards later, it’s 2019 and 2Baba is celebrating 20 years of staying power and top echelon status. He’s basically had a certified hit every year since. 2Baba week just ended and he’s been celebrating his legendary status in the entertainment industry all year with ‘#20YearsAKing’.
To celebrate with the king, here are 7 songs from back in the day that we are still absolutely in love with now in 2019.
1. Plantashun Boiz: This song was from the first album Plantashun Boiz released in 2000 under Kennis Music. It was like an introduction song from the boys to their fans. The song blew up and a gospel version was even made.
2. African Queen: This song was released in 2004 and is the biggest song of 2Baba’s career. This song brought him so much international recognition and acclaim and his would-be wife played his love interest in the official video too.
3. Only Me: After this song was released in 2008, it became the go-to song to remind over-ambitious people to slow down. It was a pop-culture phenomenon and quite timely too. It was one of the times that 2Baba tried to use his music to cause social change (and they are quite a few).
4. If Love Is A Crime: If there was ever a song that came to close to ‘African Queen’, it would be this one. This song was BIG, it’s still awesome to listen to right now and it’s the perfect song to use in serenading a partner. 2Baba killed this song, completely!
5. True Love: 2Baba had a lot of great love songs but 2006 seemed to have been a very love-filled year for him. This song from his sophomore album, ‘Grass to Grace’ tells a story of losing his love and looking for a new girl to take her place and its a classic a lot of people can still relate to today.
6. For Instance: Grass To Grace is the album to jam to if you are looking for a 2Baba album that will burst your head. This song is yet another music for social change by 2Baba. He has never been shy about calling out the government to change things and this is one of those times he did that.
7. Ole: This song goes way back to 2004, 15 years later and it is still a mad jam. 2Baba should do a remix now, or what do you think? He featured Freestyle on the song who dropped some sick bars.
8. Enter The Place: This song that he featured Sound Sultan on was the anthem of 2008 and the biggest song from his 2009 ‘Unstoppable’ album. It was the song to turn up to back in the day and if you played it right now, I bet that you will be up on your feet and turning up to it too.
It would take a whole day to finish talking about all of 2Baba’s songs that we love. His albums, ‘Face 2 Face’, ‘Grass to Grace’ and ‘The Unstoppable’ have a lot of hits that we would forever be turning up to. Let us know what other 2baba songs you vibe to in the comments below!
Ⓒ Copyright NET News Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Please use sharing tools. Do not cut, copy or lift any content from this website without our consent.